Thursday 28 May 2009

Artist of the Month - Montserrat

Montserrat is an oil painter and poet, born in Barcelona, Spain. She came to the United States in 1983 and loved this country so much, it became her new home. Having always wanted to make a better world, and to make a difference, she began painting inspired images. Her images of angels, fairies, women and goddesses became wildly popular all over the world. A break from traditional images, many women have found inspiration and healing through her original interpretations.

A popular and respected artist in the Seattle area, Montserrat involves her time in issues related to women and the realization of their potential. Describing herself as an "eco-feminist", Montserrat incorporates the sacred feminine into every possible aspect of her own life.

Eventually, her creative energies expanded beyond her paintings and she started creating inspirational tools for the journey: brightly colored, aromatherapy candles, sacred jewelry, and sculptures.These beautiful gifts integrated naturally with her artwork, which is pictured on the labels, giving them a multidimensional expression of the theme and vision of each piece. Each item is a unique object of art with a definitive yet, practical, purpose. Her product lines radiate a vision of light, color and harmonious healing. All of her products are handmade with genuine care; only the finest, natural ingredients are used. None contain preservatives or animal products of any kind.

Patience, humility and unconditional love are qualities evident in the essence of her work. Her vision of the sacred feminine honors a creative essence that is available to all people, regardless of gender.


VISIONARY ART


"Heal the Earth"


"Light Gatherers"


"Creating The World She Wants"



GODDESS ART


"We Never Left Eden"


"Earth Keeper"


"Kuan Yin"


"Earth Goddess"



FAIRIES ART


"Remember The Way It Was"



ANGELS


"Guardian Angel"


"The Wish"



CANDLES


Candles with Goddess' blessings...

From Montserrat:

I am an oil painter, and I use my images as the labels of my candles. All my themes are spiritual and the candles are designed by me, including the labels, that depict my original oil paintings of fairies, angels, mermaids, goddesses and totem animals. Most of the candles sold these days are made by people who don't really care about them. It is just a job for them. It is easy to see why you should clear a store bought candle before you use it. All my candles are a conscious creation into which only high and inspiring thoughts and intentions are projected. You will feel the difference.All the pictures of my candles are taken by me, in my garden.

My candles are sold all over the world. My clients are varied and range from large department stores and catalogs, like Lord&Taylor, Hot Topic, Whole Foods Market, Book of the Month Club etc., as well as small gift and new age shops, my website, and people like you and me.

As an artist, I love to create new things!

Bright Blessings /Montserrat

Visit Montserrat at her homepage http://www.thesacredfeminine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment